Sunday, March 24, 2013

Return of the King

Jordi Alba is out for some time now. A tough loss for the Barca back line as they had already lost Adrianno and Puyol. In the league this will matter little as Barca has a soft next few games. It's a against PSG and perhaps the next UCL opponent that this becomes a great concern.

So what is Barca likely to do? I think we probably see Alves, Pique, Mascho with Song or Sergio playing in the center with Mascho moved to the left. It's only one spot that changes from the last tie, but it does open the situation up for mistakes.

I wonder if Barca are thinking maybe this is a great chance to bring back the frenchmen in France? I don't think King Eric will start, but I could see a situation where he comes in to play left back for the last 20 or so. Wouldn't that be a fitting return?

In order for this to happen I think he would surely need to get 30 good minutes this weekend at Celta. Can it happen? It would be a nice story.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping this post would be about King Lebron James and how he lost to the Bulls last night . . .

    ReplyDelete