Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog Update

I have been away for a short time.  Work has been nuts and I haven't been inspired consistently to write.  I have start stopped so many pieces lately it's not even funny.  I began writing for bornoffside.net and now I feel a level of pressure to put even better work and I think it has made me over think things a bit lately.

Any way a little time away was much needed.  I'm going to keep all the football stuff on their and all my other musing on here.  I think I just need to start putting out thoughts and not focus on how pretty it reads for a while.

So in any event here are some thoughts for you all to ponder on;

I'm happy that the football season has kicked off.  Baseball has been uninspiring this year.  There were a few stories, but honestly the Arod thing put a bad taste in my mouth.  Here's a guy that's guilty as sin, but doesn't have the sense to cut a deal and accept it.  I will be let down if he doesn't get at least a year suspension.  Very tired of the guy and I think I'm not in the minority on that opinion.

Regarding football you can honestly say it's a become a league of major parody.  You get the impression like any team that plays well down the stretch could win the Superbowl.  I thought Baltimore was a good team last year, but not the best.  I thought the SF was good, but not the best either.  That's what you get when you have one game playoffs.

Football entertains for other reasons.  With Fantasy getting so huge the sport has an entirely different dimension to it.  Did my first two drafts in about ten years online the other night and I have to say it was a blast.  I don't have a lot invested in the whole situation, but I look forward to it adding a little more interest for me.

I'm really looking forward to the NHL season more than usual.  Maybe because I want to see if the Hawks can get back to back.  That would be great for the NHL and the city.  I'm biased, but a back to back would be a good thing.  Disdain causes as many people to watch as love.

I watched Tinker Tailer Solider Spy about 5 times this week.  That movie is sneaky good.  It's actually better when you watch it a few times because the plot is very complex, but once you get it then you start enjoy it even more.  These days I can't watch movies more than once so that's saying something.  Django was one of the best movies I have ever seen, but I have only seen it once.

I watched Iron Man 3 the other day.  It had it moments, but the pacing was too quick and they didn't make you really hate the villains.  Once you realized the plot he was beaten and it was just all too quick.  SPOILER ALERT  Ben Kingsley plays the Mandarin, but it is later revealed that he is just an actor and the real Mandarin is someone else.  Problem is the Kingsley plays the villian way better, and the Guy Pearce character is very predictable.  Overall they focused on action and did that great, but took what could have been a great story and sped though it.

Smackdown was so frustrating.  HHH is really over doing it, but more on that later.

Ok folks.  That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment