Sunday, February 10, 2013

Man U V. Real

I'm really excited as many are for this for leg of the UCL featuring Real Madrid Vs. Manchester United. It will be strange to see Man U playing in Madrid. For me it will be the first time and it should be a quite the scene. I have felt for the past few weeks that Man U have the advantage because they are cruising through the league and the major problems behind the scenes at Real give Man U the edge. Also add in the two Classico's (one matters one doesn't) sandwiched in the middle. I just feel that Man U is the more clean side this year and Real is just waiting to burst. That's what I've thought for week, but I've re-thought my opinion and I'm leaning towards a Real victory. Mainly because I think the tie will come down to the first leg and the second will not be as critical. The first leg will be played this Wednesday. As Sir Alex has pointed out the EPL really screwed Man U by making them play on Sunday. A huge mistake considering they have to travel for this leg. Real is at home and well rested going into Wednesday. Man U had to take Everton seriously as they have been a good side this year. They played most of their top players and won pretty handily. (Probably winning them the league in the process) Real took on Sevilla a traditionally solid Spanish side, but dispatched them easily. I don't think either team was pressed extremely hard, but the day of rest will be crucial. Both sides are going to have their A+ players healthy with the exception of Saint Iker. Diego Lopez has shown enough to say that he will not be a weak link, but I think the keepers are at least equal in quality. I believe this all comes down to the first leg because I don't see Man U at home beating Real by more than one goal, but I have a sneaking feeling that Real will win the first leg by 2 goals. I think Man U just can't match the speed in midfield of Real. (As long as Real doesn't start Modric, who can be counted on to trip over the ball at least three times) I think the fast track in Madrid will lead to sweeping counter attacks and the much better defensive midfield of Real will expose Man U. This isn't Real's best team and they have their share of problems, but in one game at home against a good side I think you will see their A game. Man U has not addressed their defensive Midfield. A much better attack with RVP, the return of Vidic and a weak EPL have masked these problems all season. They've had the fortune all year of getting that last goal and making that comeback, but on a fast track against a team that can score in bunches I think they are in big trouble. If Real wins that first tie 3-1 as I think they will the return leg will be a slow prodding game of football where Man U will find it hard to score a lot of goals and dangerous to press against Real lightning quick counter. Therefore the dressing room issues won't matter and the two Classico's won't mean as much. First leg Real 3-1 Second leg Man U 2-1. Real wins 4-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment